This is a unique opportunity to join a Contractor with a large pipeline of work and become apart of their Senior Management team. This company is renowned for delivering quality projects via a professional well managed process. Their clients are top tier, having worked on some of Sydney’s most iconic projects.
Typically, projects are large in size and they have an array of clients that award them repeat / negotiated work without having to tender too much in the hard dollar market.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
This is a great opportunity to work with a very well known contractor within the construction and civil industry. An opportunity to lead a business through a period of growth whilst they expand one of their development arms. The candidate must have previous experience in the capacity of Operations Manager or similar and a sound understanding of building, civils, paving, concrete etc.
- Lead estimating, sales, warehouse, projects and accounts teams
- Client liaison / Business development
- Contract negotiation / reviews
- Ownership and accountability of the commercial & construction activities from head contract, subcontracts, procurement, budgets, cost control, delivery & project cash flows
- Drive innovation and lead the introduction of new work practices, construction methods and materials to improve construction efficiencies & profitability
- Human Resources – Hiring / Firing
- Strategic business planning in collaboration with General Manager
- Strong performance management ethos bringing full transparency (time, cost and profit) across the portfolio of projects – key drivers & key outputs (KPIs)
- Degree qualification in building construction or engineering
- Substantial experience with Tier 2 and 1 contractors – principal or subcontractor
- Proven experience in a Project Management role, or in the capacity of a Construction Manager
- Awareness of risk, contractual and financial performance
- Experience in a similar role will be highly advantageous
To find out more and if you are generally interested in furthering your career, than please contact [email protected] or call Brooke Dostal on 0405 361 480.