- Manage safety across 4 divisions
- Diverse and dynamic role where no two days are the same
- Excellent team and support around you
- Full-time, permanent, Canberra based role
- $70,000 – $130,000 + Super + Vehicle
This is a unique opportunity to work for a multifaceted Contractor with a large pipeline of work. This company is renowned for delivering quality projects via a professional well managed process. Their clients are top tier and government bodies, having worked on some of the most iconic projects across the ACT.
Typically, projects are large in size and they have an array of clients that award them repeat / negotiated work without having to tender too much in the hard dollar market.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
This is a great opportunity to work with a very well known contractor within the construction industry. The candidate must come from either a Tier 1 subcontractor or Tier 2 / 3 principal builder or civil contractor. and have a strong construction safety background both onsite and in the office.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD INCLUDE
- Conduct site inductions
- Implement / overhaul systems
- Review and monitor contractors SWMS
- Oversee general site safety
- Lead site safety meetings
- Report and investigate incidents, injuries and hazards and implement agreed control measures
- Help promote WHS&E awareness on site
- Maintain all WHS&E records for the project
- Work with contractors and site teams to eliminate and reduce workplace risks
- Cert IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent Tertiary Qualification
- Sound understanding of WHS&E Legislation and Regulations
- Previous experience in a Safety Officer Role on medium to large scale construction projects for reputable builders
- Willing to work on site and in the office
APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
Please click on “Apply for this job” below to send your resume for consideration.
Alternatively, if you have any questions or would like to know more please contact Tom O’Sullivan on 0431 495 694 or emailing [email protected]
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence.